The Chairman’s Circle of the Owens Hill Booth Family Reunion 2017 Announces its Youth Heritage Video Essay Contest.
Theme: Faith, Family, and Financial Savvy - What It Means to Me and My Generation.
As we rapidly approach the 20th
anniversary celebrating the Owens Hill Booth Family Reunion, the Chairman’s Circle (consisting of the Booth family branch chairing this biennial event)
, is sponsoring a video essay contest that will highlight the views of our youth - Grades K-12 - with respect to the theme Faith, Family, and Financial Savvy – What It Means to Me and My Generation. This contest will allow the students to express themselves through various genres of art of their choice.
It is our desire that this contest will foster family unity and growth, so that our legacies will embrace the essence of successful families and increase the sustainability of future generations.
The contest is open to youths in grades K-12.
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a family member of the lineage of King and Rachael Tomlin
- (note: all Owens, Hill, Booth family members are of this lineage).
- For applicants 17 and younger, you must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to participate. Parental permission must be received prior to submission of video essay entry. Permission must also include permission for video to be uploaded to family’s private YouTube channel.
- OHB Family Reunion 2017 Video Essay must be in YouTube format and a minimum of 3 minutes and no more than 5 minutes.
- Video Essay must not contain slanderous, libelous, profane, nor vulgar language or negative depictions of persons living or deceased.
- Must apply to the contest via email and provide your name, email address, phone contact, and branch of family. Please do not include your name or any other identifiable information in the body of the essay.
- Entries will be scored by an independent panel of judges based on the following criteria:
- Clarity of Expression
- Prizes are as follows: 1st Place -$100.00; 2nd Place - $75.00; 3rd Place - $25.00
- Must be submitted by deadline: Saturday, June 24, 2017.
**Note: Deadline extended until Friday, June 30, 2017.
- OHB Family Reunion 2017 attendance is encouraged but is not a requirement.
- Please submit video essay entry to firstname.lastname@example.org